Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New York | Part Deuce!






November 28th, 2010
The night before, our 9AM model cancelled. We were freaking OUT until we went to Urban Outfitters on 96th Street. Almost all the customers looked like models!! We stumbled upon Lilija; she was wearing black eye liner lightly rimmed around her blue-green eyes, Nike gym shoes, her long hair tucked behind her ears, and an addidas t-shirt. We had a model standing before us. I approached her and asked if she ever modeled before, she responded, "No, but it sounds interesting."

This girl was visiting New York all the way from Iceland. She was alittle unsure at first, but agreed to shoot with us!

At 8:50AM, Lilija arrived.

Along with hairstylist to the stars, Kahlil Oliver and wardrobe stylist, Tamera Darden.

I thank Kahlil again and again for taking time out of his busy schedule to help out two Chicago folks with big dreams. Kahlil was so humble, polite, professional, and created the most beautiful hair styles I have ever seen. He makes hair look like SILK. He was NOT PLAYIN!!

The wardrobe was gorgeous! Tamera brought beautiful jewelry pieces and had inventive coordinations of textures, colors, and fibers for each model. She is amazing! She even took time out of her schedule to assist with the other models that came to shoot.

-Sneak Peak-


Next model, Kristina of Ignite Model Management.


According to Nuru: AMAZING!!!!!

I wasn't able to stick around for the whole shoot, but Kristina delivered beautiful shots from the film I looked over!

Final Model was Ashley Howard of ANTM Season 13.


I loved working with her! She was so funny, so energtic, braved the cold and delivered gorgeous shots. Kahlil worked his magic on her hair.





It was a great day! It all turned out so well.

Nuru and I ended up going to a Chinese/Japanese restaurant and stuffed our faces.
Later, we headed to Times Square. All I can say is OoooooooooooOOoooo M.G.

Beautiful.
New York is so BEAUTIFUL!!
I have never seen so many lights in my life.

I caught a cold while I was out there. I was so mad I couldn't fully enjoy it, but still appreciative I was there.

Check the next blog! Part 3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment