Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ruby Yo! FIRE IT UP Music Video

I was told about this film project by multi-talented visual artist
Kaori Nik.
She's an up and coming rising star in Chicago and she's a very cool lady. Nik let me know about the makeup opening and she was in charge of whippin' the hair. The video shoot went so well. It was FUN!! I really had a good time for 10 straight hours!! Everything went by smoothly and at a pretty fast rate.

Ruby Yo!
is sooo sweet and sooo nice! She has the most gorgeous cheek bones that I have ever worked on. Her song got me pumped up and helped me snap off on her lovely face. Ruby Yo, Kaori, Lindsey (assistant hairstylist) and the whole 'Fire It Up' team was looking SO FIERCE after I handled my business on their faces. I thanked the producer, Qadree Holmes, over and over again for the amazing opportunity.
He was great to work with!

Here are a few Behind-The-Scenes photos that Kaori Nik & Lindsey took as well as photographer Anthony Aicardi.

Enjoy!


Ruby Yo!



FIERCE!



On Set with the 'Fire It Up' Girls: Kaori Nik, Ruby Yo, & Nicole Duran



Ruby's Stylist, which is also her brother, Javier Camacho, did a superb job on all the garments and accessories!



Doing touch ups :)



Making sure Ruby stays HOT for the cameras...



Noel Spence a.k.a. Girl #2. She was such a sweetheart! I used Sephora's glitter eye liners on her lower lash line to create an 'anime' eye effect on her eyes.



Eric Almond, The Director, with the Fire It Up team watching playback.


Myself & Kaori Nik Cheesin.



So her brother, Javier, mentioned "Pastel!" for her next lip color. I grabbed the white lipmix, then the red lipmix, then the yellow. That word made me think of an orange creamsicle within 30 seconds. She literally had 2 minutes before she had to go on set, and that custom made MAC pastel orange lip color POPPED on camera.



Kaori Nik styling Ms.Ruby!



Myself with Assistant Hairstylist Lindsey Howard.
She was sooo sweet!



Ruby with her Ruby Lips.
I used Make Up For Ever's Rough Artist lipstick in Moulin Rouge($20), red glitter from Michael's Craft Store ($4) and Scarlet Swarvoski crystals($20) to create the lip color!

No comments:

Post a Comment