Thursday, March 26, 2015

America's Beauty Show | Chicago 2015

I represented Mizani this year at America's Beauty Show!




I truly had a BLAST working with the team of amazing hairstylists.  I was able to create fashion forward makeup looks for their  "New Gen" presentation this year. They contacted me after seeing this image on my Instagram page photographed by Carissa Lancaster for Ellements Magazine:


Here are a few backstage photos I took and/or other people took of the looks I created with key hairstylists Miss Wu and Cesar Ramirez for the "Legacy Awards" inside America's Beauty Show.



First Look"Street Wear"
Model | Tess of Factor Women


Milani gave me hours and hours of time to complete all the looks, which I SO appreciated. I was really inspired by the symmetrical, graphic hair style and the wardrobe Tess was wearing, so I tried to mimic the lipstick to match the highlights in her hair by mixing Tom Ford's "Bruised Plum", Bobbi Brown Lip Pot in "Chocolate Cherry" together with Bobbi Brown's, "Plum Gold" Lip Gloss. 








I mixed a few different lipliners as well so I honestly don't remember everything I used, but I was really happy and pleased with how the first look came out.

............................................................................





2nd Look"Futuristic"
Model | Reese

The hair color for model Reese was literally neon green and there was no way I was going to attempt to outshine the hair with heavy makeup, so I went the opposite direction and kept the palette on her face nude. I used Ben Nye Powder in Olive Sand and Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + in Shade #70 on her skin. On her lips, I used "Spice" from MAC and a neutral gloss on top. Everything else on her face was very neutral and simple. I chose to use matte shades of makeup because this was an all day event, the models had a lot of walking to do and I wasn't able to complete touch ups on them while they were onstage, so I used durable, sweat-resistent makeup to complete these looks.






-----------------------------------------------------




3rd Look | "Avant Garde"
Model | Florence of Factor Women

The hair was so regal and beautiful, so I wanted to add extra drama and class by using gold everywhere. I strategically placed gold leaf on Florence's body so it would look like custom jewelry from a distance. The rest of the products were very minimal; I used Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + in Shade #80, Ben Nye Luxe Powder in Cocoa and MAC lip liner in "Cherry"







To learn how to apply gold leaf, please check out my previous blog!
I show you how to apply it easily with just a couple easy products:






I really enjoyed myself this past weekend and I feel so blessed and honored to be able to get creative and have fun on my job. 

Thank you so much for the opportunity Mizani!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun and interesting read. Love the images! Great job taking your readers backstage to watch you paint magic. Fascinating! Thanks for sharing, Andrea! <3 -Tailor Linn

    ReplyDelete