Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween! Skeleton Beauty Story



Photographer | Ten Photos
Wardrobe | Abigail Lipp

Model | Carissa Giles of Factor Women

HMU | Andrea Samuels of Factor + Black Board



..................................




I haven't done creative makeup like this in a long time so this was fun for me!

This is Carissa before the Skeleton makeup.


I worked with only 4 things to create the Skull Head look:


- Kryolan Airbrush Makeup using a Silver Jet Iwata Compressor (for base)


- Inglot Eye Shadow in Matte Grey #376 and White Matte #351 
(for blending)






- Inglot AMC Gel Eyeliner in #77 Black (for details)



- Covergirl Outlast Lipstick in Burgundy mixed with Inglot Gel liner




I studied this image of Zombie Boy and mimicked some of the the lines and details to create my own skeleton face:





1.) I applied the Kryolan airbrush first to have a clean, white layer for a stronger contrast in the makeup

2.)I then added teeth, jawbones, eye sockets, etc with a thick paint brush. Theatrical makeup can seem overwhelming at first, but think of each section of the face as shapes: Eyes are like circles, nose is like an upside down triangle, teeth are like the letter "D" turned on it's side. Sketch out each section in shapes, then fill in where needed.


I also used a MAC eye liner brush #210 for presicion details with the teeth as well as the cracks in the Skull. I mimicked random shapes of tiny tree branches to create the broken/cracked effect.


3.) Last, I added depth with the gray & white eyeshadows to finish Carissa's face


...................


This took me about an hour and a half to complete. I'm really happy with how it turned out for the shoot!




No comments:

Post a Comment