Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bambi Magazine | May 2013


Wardrobe stylist Thomas Vaughan, photographer Jennifer Avello and myself wanted to create a story with metallics galore: metallic makeup, skin, jeans, wardrobe... All Gold Everything!
We chose model Ashton of Ford Models to bring the metallic story to life.







I experimented and pushed myself to a new level of hair styling as well as playing with new makeup products. I was practicing finger waves on models for many months on various test shoots until I was finally ready to create the challenging style for an editorial.



Practice makes perfect!

I never played with metallic pigment on lips for an editorial, so I tried a few new techniques on the spot and let the artistry flow. Spontaneity is usually the best way to create new makeup trends.


I worked with Illamasqua Ore Pure Pigment on the eyes, lips, cheekbones and as a highlighter all through-out Ashton's skin to play off the wardrobe.
































I also worked with Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in "Chocolate Cherry" as the lip color base and topped it off with Bobbi Brown Lipgloss in "Canary" to pop with the Miu Miu sunglasses.



Here's a look at the eight page story that was selected for the May Issue, as well as a few extras that we all loved.

















 
  

*Updated 06.03.13*


Also our Metallica story was reblogged by fashionising.com!
Follow the link below to read more from blogger Tania Braukämper.

The Magic of Metallics

No comments:

Post a Comment