Saturday, September 22, 2012

New York Fashion Week | S/S 2013


Yep, I was there^.
I assisted Makeup Artist Ashunta Sheriff for Cesar Galindo's S/S 2013 second collection on Sept. 13th, 2012 in The Mohawk Group. Cesar Galindo was the 4th runner up from Season 2 of Bravo's "The Fashion Show"


Cesar's S/S 2013 was full of color, beautiful details to a woman's curves, technical tailoring and shimmering fabrics. I was SO excited to be there, I showed up two hours early!! I also had the chance to work with and meet Angie Peek, an amazing artist from LA. We started the models around 2 pm, rehearsal was at 3 pm, showtime was 4pm. The makeup & hair team had very little time, so we had to work fast.
I took a few photos with Instagram :-)
This is where the show was held: The Mohawk Group in downtown NYC.


Here is Ms.Sheriff!!


Ashunta gave us a demo before we started; she wanted to make sure we applied the makeup almost exactly the way she does so the models looked the same.



The hair team was O&M. They were so amazing!
O&M created custom wigs and huge curls within two hours for all 25 models.



This ^model^ is Lisa Jackson from ANTM Cycle 9.
She was one of the muses for Cesar's show.
--
The Look for S/S 2013: Dewy skin, Flushed Cheeks, Clumpy mascara, Clean eyes, Lilac lips.






It took all the artists almost 20 minutes to create the perfect lavender shade for every model. All the artists mixed Make Up For Ever Pigments, OCC Lip Tars and MAC Lip Pigments to create the lip color for the show. Ashunta also gave us a few makeup goodies from Mary Kay.



I was ready for WAR!
----------
This is Zang from Ford Models. This is the first model I worked on.
This is Mary-Kate, a fresh face model from Muse Managament. She was the 2nd model I worked on.
This is Lakota from Muse Managament. She was the 3rd model I worked on.
----------------

Here are a few images of the work backstage created under Key Artist, Ashunta.
Photos by Vivien Killilea.





Here are a few images of the work backstage created under Key Artist, Ashunta.
Photos by Natasha Lynette.










Photos from the presentation at The Mohawk Room.
Photo credit: Natasha Lynette.



Here are a few more photos from the presentation at The Mohawk Room.
Photos by: Vivien Killilea.









I'm still on the hunt for more pictures! I'll post them later when I can find them :-)

More Links to Cesar Galindo's work:
- Mercedes Benz Fashion Week
- FashionPulseDaily.com
- Ouch Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment